I just received a letter from one of my pen pals and the envelope was torn open on the side and the present she had in there for me is gone. Have any of you had this problem?
Letter set printable from: wreckthisgirl:
Tips for your first letter
For my first post, I thought it would be fitting to conduct a list of tips on writing your first letter!
- Introduce yourself in a way that’s interesting and not like your just listing off facts.
- Tell them where your from, where you are now, and where you want to go. Geographically and otherwise. Talk about where you were born, where you live now and places you’ve lived along the way. It’s also a good idea to include some info about where you live. Schooling that you have done/ are doing, jobs that you have/plan to have, dreams for the future etc.
- Tell them about your family/friends. I like to include this while I’m telling them about where I live.
- Ask questions. You don’t want the letter to seem too one sided. This is also a good way to insure replies!
- Talk about your interests. What kind of music, movies, TV shows you enjoy, your hobbies, etc.
- Don’t share too much. Take care not to overwhelm the reader with too much information. Revealing a little bit at a time will pique the reader’s interest.
- Conclude the letter in a way that leaves things open and invites a reply. “I look forward to getting to know you better and I hope to hear from you soon.”
Hello everyone. I decided to make this blog for all the pen pals out there! Things that I’ll be posting include:
- printable stationary
- writing tips
- pictures to do with snail mail
- ideas of what to send to your pen pal
- And more!
Please be patient as I try to get this blog up and running!